- Theft from a vehicle is when personal belongings and items that are in the vehicle are stolen. Not very nice!
So how to keep them protected?
- Always lock it! – Get into the habit of locking your vehicle even if you’re only going to be away from it for a moment! 🔑🔓
- Going back into the house to get something? Turning your back for a moment? Don’t forget your vehicle is insecure! 🌂👓🎒
- Take it with you or hide it! – Your phone, coins, sunglasses or other items earn quick cash and are irresistible to thieves!
📱💷 🕶 🎫 🍬
- And it should go without saying that wallets, handbags, purses & credit cards should never be left in an unattended vehicle
- Remember, the cost of replacing a window is often much more than that of what’s stolen!
- Fit locking, anti-tamper wheel nuts to secure alloy wheels! Stolen wheels are valuable, either as parts or for their scrap value.Using locking nuts reduces the risk of wheels being stolen.
- Besides, your vehicle will look better on wheels rather than bricks!
With thanks to Sergeant Lee Howard, Longbridge Police Station.